Sunday, August 16, 2009

We're Officially Ready For School!

We just got back from the Aultz reunion. It was so nice to see my sisters and their families again—I sure love them. However, the reunion didn’t quite go as planned. My sisters and their families were planning on sleeping in tents on my parent’s lawn, but a big thunderstorm came and flooded the tents before they even went to bed. My family slept in a travel trailer. I Love lightening and thunder, but this storm was so close that a couple times I was just sure I would feel an electrifying shock to go with the large boom that shook the trailer. After the tents were abandoned, they ended up blowing away (air mattresses and all) and some of the tent poles broke. (Emily and Brian’s bargain tent from Cabela’s was the only tent to withstand the bad weather.) The next afternoon, we attempted to duct tape the poles. As we began to set them up again, the storm started to come in again. They decided to surrender to the storm, took down their tents, and stayed inside the rest of the reunion. We also had a stomach bug from day one that managed to pass around to just about everyone. Everything was so chaotic that I did not get a single picture.

























































Now that our Vacationing days are over, the natives are getting restless. I think we have just about spent this whole past week cleaning--before we can fully pick up one mess we have another mess started. They are starting to bounce off walls and (as you can see) couches. Needless to say, we are waiting for the start of school and the 29th of August when the Four Musketeers will be baptized. With everyone gathering again on the Finch side, we hope for a quiet, uneventful weekend.

2 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

Looks pretty close to what is happening in my house. Except we have THREE more weeks till school starts!!

That is crazy about your family reunion. I am glad you all made it out alive!!

We'll be seeing you in a week or so!!!

The Conder Clan said...

Now this looks like fun! I wish I could do that... but I don't have any soft cushions to land on. :)